Amazon seemed the logical place to search for an Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), Black and I found one without delay.
One of my friends has described me as an ‘early adopter’ but I am only just discovering Amazon and the world of online shopping now.
Amazon is is the fourth most valuable publicly traded company in the world behind Apple, Alphabet and Microsoft.
Amazon Echo Dot
- Alexa can be used to play music, control compatible smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, read audio-books from Audible and much more.
- Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device.
- Echo connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Play music simultaneously across multiple Echo devices and speakers connected via cable with multi-room music. Services may require subscriptions or other fees; Bluetooth not supported for multi-room music.
- Echo will call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- It controls lights, switches and smartplugs with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, LIFX, TP-Link, D-Link, Logitech Harmony and others.
- Echo hears you from across the room with seven microphones for far-field hands-free voice control, even in noisy environments or while playing music.
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled device.
- Echo is always getting smarter – Alexa updates through the cloud automatically. Just ask Alexa to control compatible smart devices, request an Uber, book a restaurant with Dimmi, find a recipe with Taste and more.
Amazon Echo Dot
Online shopping is sure to be the future with all the problems and advantages that brings.
Hopefully my Amazon Echo Dot will make it before Christmas and we will see how it goes.